2018 Gilroy Garlic Festival Media Kit
Please check back in May for updated media kit and other resources. For additional information, contact Katherine Filice at 408.852.3510 or email@example.com.
The heart of the Gilroy Garlic Festival is the world-famous Gourmet Alley. In this gigantic outdoor kitchen, volunteers serve up all the official food of the Garlic Festival, while the “Pyro Chefs” put on a spectacular flame-up show preparing garlic-laced calamari and scampi in huge iron skillets.
Festival visitors enjoy the sounds of live rock ‘n roll, country, jazz, blues, reggae, swing, and more on three entertainment stages.
Cooking Contests & Celebrity Chef Appearances
On Friday, first responder heroes battle in the Champions for Charity event. On Saturday, amateur cooks compete in the Great Garlic Cook-Off. Professional chefs take the stage on Sunday for the iron chef-style Garlic Showdown. And BBQ pros and amateurs will compete in the Gilroy Garlic-Que BBQ Challenge (sanctioned by the Kansas City BBQ Society) on Saturday and Sunday.
Arts & Crafts Vendors
The Arts & Crafts areas showcase a colorful variety of unique, high-quality handmade creations from over 100 talented artists, including jewelry, ceramics, paintings, photographs, sculptures, and more…including garlic bulb hats and henna tattoos!
Fun for the Whole Family
Kids of all ages enjoy lots of fun rides, games, and hands-on activities in the Children’s Area. The Children’s stage features live music, magicians, puppet shows, and more. And there’s plenty of kid-friendly food too!
FUN FESTIVAL FACTS
- Each year, Gilroy Garlic Festival visitors consume more than 2 tons of fresh garlic from Gilroy’s own Christopher Ranch
- Average annual attendance: nearly 100,000
- Total attendance since 1979: 4,401,613
- Over 4,000 volunteers work each year on behalf of over 140 non-profit groups in Gilroy and surrounding communities
- The Gilroy Garlic Festival Association is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that has awarded $11,227,280 to community schools and non-profit organizations since 1979
- The Gilroy Garlic Festival exclusively features California-grown garlic.