37 Cloves or Bust!
The Great Gilroy Garlic Eating Contest
Enter for the chance to win lasting fame and garlic glory with an official world record
How much do you love garlic??
If you’re ready to claim the title of world’s greatest garlic eater, enter to compete in the first-ever Great Gilroy Garlic Eating Contest!
Representatives from GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ will be present to certify if the winner breaks the official record for Most cloves of garlic eaten in one minute. The current record is 36 cloves, set by Patrick Bertoletti at Sierra Studios in East Dundee, IL, on January 14, 2012.
We think that record is going down!
HOW TO ENTER
Eating 37 cloves of garlic won’t be easy. But entering the contest is!
- Take a video of yourself eating 5 whole cloves of raw garlic. (Consider it a warmup!) It’s OK to take drinks of water.
- Post the video on YouTube, Facebook, or other social media platforms.
- Include #garlicfest17 and #37clovesorbust on your post.
- Complete the online form below and include a link to your video.
- All entries must be submitted by midnight PDT on June 23, 2017.
We’ll select up to ten contestants to compete at the Gilroy Garlic Festival on Friday, July 28, 2017. We will notify you via email no later than July 1 if you have been selected to compete.
CONTEST RULES & PRIZES
Each selected contestant will receive 2 free admission tickets to the 2017 Gilroy Garlic Festival and two coupons for Combo Plates from Gourmet Alley. Contestants are responsible for their own transportation to and from the Festival.
Whether or not a world record is broken, the winner of the Garlic Eating Contest will receive VIP Tickets for the 2018 Gilroy Garlic Festival, featured media coverage, and ultimate bragging rights (not to mention ultimate garlic breath)!
Must be 21 or over by July 28, 2017 to compete.