The Pros Take the Stage in an Iron Chef-Style Showdown
On Sunday (July 30) at high noon, four professional chefs face off in the Garlic Showdown, an exciting Iron Chef-style competition that showcases culinary creativity under intense pressure on the Great Garlic Cook-Off Stage.
DON'T MISS IN 2017!
Bigger - Better - Bolder
This year, the Garlic Showdown will be hosted by Food Network superstar and Emmy award-winning chef Giada De Laurentiis. Following the competition, Giada will prepare one of her own favorite garlic-laced recipes and answer questions from the audience.
Each chef has to use a top-secret ingredient (not revealed until the competition begins) to prepare two entrees and side dishes. A panel of judges will determine the winner based on presentation, originality, flavor, texture, and use of the “secret ingredient.” The winner earns a $3,000 prize.
- Michael Fisher (Owner/Executive Chef, Fisher's Delicatessen & Catering and 2016 Garlic Showdown champion)
- Jeff Raby (Chef/Owner, Fire 4 Hire Catering)
- Dave Bozzo (Chef/Owner, Gilroy Grill Catering)
- Carlos Pineda (Chef, Culinary Academy and Kneaded Bakery, Rebekah Children's Home)
- Gloria Melone (Local chef and wife of Festival Co-Founder Rudy Melone)
- Bill Christopher (Owner & CEO, Christopher Ranch)
- Ken Christopher (Christopher Ranch)
- Dave Reynolds (2016 Gilroy Garlic Festival President)
- Angela Greenwood (South County Jeep, Chevrolet)
Past Garlic Showdown winners include:
- 2016: Michael Fisher
- 2015: Jonathan Toste
- 2014: Jason Gronlund
- 2013: Jason Gronlund
- 2012: Jason Gronlund
- 2011: Dean Dupuis
Come to the Cook-Off Stage on Sunday to see who will be the 2017 Garlic Showdown winner!